Friday, June 7, 2013

CVS Beauty Clearance haul! (Summer 2013!)


Hello lovelies! I have another haul for all of you! I ventured to an area that had a CVS and went a little crazy. I usually try to make a special trip every time theres a CVS sale because theres just so much to be had! I live quite a ways a way, and usually a trip is a special experience. Luckily, I had to go pick up my brother quite a ways a way and popped into one real quickly. Naturally, being male, the whole time he was going, 'Can we just hurry up? Let's go! They all look the same!'
Men. They just don't get it.
Anyways, lets get into all of the pretties!
First of all, my motto is you can never have enough lip balms. This is why I have literally at least 50. But, honestly, lip balms never really expire. They're pretty easy to use up. (Although, I hear a lot of people lose theirs? Weird.) 
Anyway this looked really fruity scented and I love the clear container. I'm sure it'll be ratchet looking after a couple weeks of using it but hey. It was only $1.25 so it'll be another nice thing to have around.
The second thing, the Rimmel Mascara, I literally have a mascara hoard. It's the one thing I wear every single day. I've never tried this brand but for $1.87 I'm down for trying anything! My lashes are so long that most mascaras work just fine for me without having to worry. The only problem I have to watch out for is that it doesn't irritate my eyes. These are products I'm pretty neutral on so I guess this is a horrible 'reasons why I bought' except for the fact they were cheap!
(I didn't notice the kitty love until I uploaded the photograph. I would have retaken the picture except it's rainy today. My kitty was right next to me while taking these pictures. He follows me everywhere!)
Anyways, I'm sort of a lip product fiend. Really. I think that a lip product could easily make or break a look. The only other thing, though, is I'm kind of lazy with lip products. They're my favourite thing to haul but sometimes I just can't remember to reapply. I still love to wear them, though!
I first picked up Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart and Gumdrop. You can google swatches (Sorry! Forgot!) but Gumdrop is quite pale and purple in coloring. Cherry Tart is obviously a deep red color. I have recently tried the lip butters for the first time and I have to say they're not that bad! 
Oh did I mention that they were $1.99 each?
Yeah. I suggest running to your store if you would like one. 
Next, I had been spying these Covergirl Natureluxe lip balms forever. Literally. When these first came out, I wanted them so bad. I wasn't even into makeup back then (but I do believe this was the beginning). I would constantly pick them up off the shelves, put them back, take them to the register, change my mind. Oh, it was awful. so when this was $3.99 I sucked up my pride and bought it. This is the shade Coral. 
Finally, I purchased these two glosses from Milani. I don't think I've ever purchased anything from Miliani as they are pretty exclusive, especially to stores I don't have access to! I picked up these Crystal Gloss' in Fruit Punch and Raspberry Icing.  They were a mere $1.45, so I figured I didn't have much to lose! 
Finally, we have the Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Skin Balancing Makeup. That's such a ridiculous name. Anyway, I'm not a huge foundation person or anything but this looked promising. They had my shade (whatever is super light and the lightest available, naturally) so I decided to give it a go. I was drawn in by the packaging and how small it was. I plan on doing quite a bit of travel this summer and it fits TSA standards, making it easy to travel with. I've never really heard of it before this but we'll see!
It was also $3.49 so it wasn't that expensive at all!

That was my haul! What have you picked up recently?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment